Training Workshops for Veterinarians, Hospital Teams and Students
Dr. Smith offers intensive, interactive training that you can immediately apply when you return to your team (or, for students, to your transition from school). Workshops are customized for your specific needs and your situation.
Workshops may be focused on students, doctors, managers, technicians, the client services team, or the whole-hospital team. Choose the topics that you want, or ask us to modify or create specific skills practice for you.
Each topic typically takes 1 to 3 hours. Let us know where you want emphasis and we will devote more time and/or practice to those areas. A full-day workshop can include up to 4 topics. We can create half-day, full-day and two-day sessions.
Each workshop includes:
- Background information in a brief lecture format
- Open questions and discussion
- Skills practice using real-case scenarios in pairs or small groups
- The opportunity to address your own workplace concerns
- Debriefing and discussion
- Your creation of an action plan to implement what you learned
Prior to any engagement, we will discuss your needs with you and help you determine what modules will be the best fit for your group.
We also offer a formal in-depth assessment and consultation that includes structured interviews with key members of your group or team to identify specific topics for your training.