Organizational Development for Practice Success
A year’s worth of consulting advice in one book!
The definitive resource for organizational and team development in veterinary practice.
Action lists and team exercises included in every chapter.
CD provided with all team exercises.
- Create business structure while honoring relationships
- Define ‘good attitude’ and get it
- Conduct global reviews
- Create a plan for diversity management
- Involve team members in growing your practice
- Give effective feedback through coaching
- Create your vision, mission, and core values
- Address ethical issues with your team
- Develop leadership
- Recruit and retain the ‘best and brightest’ doctors and team members
- Improve teamwork & efficiency
- Hold people accountable
- Facilitate productive meetings
- Provide flexible work (and still cover needed hours)
- Help doctors and team members talk with clients about money issues
- Address issues of family, friends and work
- Use facilitative, evidence-based management
Team satisfaction does pay
- Satisfied, engaged team members
- Lower turnover decreases costs
- Experienced team members are more efficient
- Clients receive a consistent message about your hospital
- Positive, clear client recommendations increase compliance
- Clear priorities increase productivity
- A positive focus on team goals increases productivity
- Team members are “cheerleaders” for the practice in the community
- People line up for the opportunity to work with you
“Good communication is vital in any practice, and this book is an excellent resource for improving your hospital—great information!”
— Karen Felsted, CPA, MS, DVM, CVPM
“Content is excellent and long past due for our industry.”
—Patricia Rutherford, CVPM, Rutherford Resource Consulting
“This achievement in ‘putting it all together’ is unprecedented in our profession. The recommendation to evaluate and measure based on clear goals and measured ‘deliverables’ is right on target. The section about ‘defining friendship-work place relationships’ is excellent—I have yet to ever see these subjects in print! Team meeting information may be one of the best chapters in the book. Finally, Dr. Smith’s points about communicating with clients is the best perspective in the industry.”
—Pamela Cole, Owner, Irvine Veterinary Services
“Dr Smith has created a wonderful resource for the veterinary profession. It has value for every person, with every job function. I will keep it handy as a practical tool that I will refer to often as I consult with veterinary hospitals.”
—Philip Homsey, Esq.
“One of the best ‘Teams’ books in the industry. Common sense, systematic approach to building quality teams in veterinary hospitals.”
—Lorna Parson, MSHR, SPHR, Insights Into Business
“This book is an excellent resource and training guide for all practice owners, managers and employees who truly care about growing in their roles in their practice. Dr. Smith does a fabulous job touching on the major challenges veterinary practices face today and then provides excellent solutions!”
—Tracy Dowdy, CVPM, Management Resource Group
Click here to order your book! (Paid link)
Sorry, comments are closed for this post.